Please read this document and take steps to set up your home in advance of your appointment time.
This guidance is to protect not just you but all our customers who we trade with, our engineers and our office staff.
Failure to read these terms and conditions does not absolve you the customer from any charges due to non-compliance with these terms and conditions.
This document is now part of and in addition to our terms and conditions of trade that can be found on our website.
Please follow these guidelines for the period of the COVID-19 outbreak.
How were these guidelines compiled?
These new terms of trade follow the guidelines set by:
- (BEIS) Department for business energy and industrial strategy
- (PHE) Public health England
- (HSE) Health and safety executive
The current government guidelines stipulate that no worker should be forced to work in an unsafe workplace.
Please read and follow the following home set up guidelines well in advance of your appointment time.
Our engineer has the right to decline the job or stop working if their work environment fails to comply with our required guidelines here stated either prior to starting or degrades while on the job.
The customer will be charged for the first hour of the appointment time if the engineer is unable to work due to their workspace not following our set up requests here stated or if at any time the workspace drops below our required set up guidelines.
Home set up:
- We recognise that some households will find it difficult to maintain a very strict 2m distance but please ensure you make every effort to do so and show good intent at all times.
- When you booked your appointment you were taken through our COVID-19 risk assessment.
- Any additional steps that our office team has asked you to do should also be implemented in addition to the below requests.
- Please stay at least 2 meters (6 feet) or further apart from our engineer if at all possible.
- If there is more than one person in the home please arrange for the balance of the family to spend the duration of the appointment in an area as far away from the engineer as possible. This can be in another room partitioned by a closed-door or in the garden if that is possible.
- Please make sure that any clinically vulnerable or extremely clinically vulnerable members of the household are kept well away from our engineer at all times where at all possible.
- Please ensure that there is adequate outdoor airflow entering the home with doors and windows open where possible.
- We request that the person working with the engineer wear a face covering to inhibit any incidental sneeze or cough spray from moving through the air unimpeded.
- Please make sure that all internal doors apart from any distancing room are left open so the engineer does not have to touch any door handles.
- Our engineer will be wearing PPE for the duration of the appointment.
- As you can imagine this will make it a little more challenging for them to do their work in certain situations so please be patient with our engineer as he tries to serve your needs.
- If any customer actively ignores the social distancing rules or has no intention of keeping themselves or our engineer safe we will let them know we will be leaving the job due to lack of cooperation and you will be charged for the first hour on-site, plus any materials used so far, whether the job is completed or not. The customer will be accountable for those charges.